Friday, April 24, 2009

And We're Out

The kids pooled their money last night and ordered pizza for the family. The boys decided they are tired of all the work and want things to go back to "normal". Of course, normal has now changed because we know they are capable of so much more. Their chore list will increase, but it won't be what the last few days have been. I was just happy to be able to vacuum my floor and mop the stickiness off of it...it was probably peanut butter. :-)

They have agreed to pack their lunches except for the peanut butter part. I'm happy about that because I just don't enjoy packing lunches. Everyone wins!

The other night Stephen made hot dogs for the family. Derek just sat at the table and told Stephen he wanted ketchup and mustard. Stephen made his hot dog and didn't complain, which is amazing in itself.

I think the lesson has been learned. Initiative...seeing what needs to be done and doing it! We'll see if it sticks, otherwise we might be on strike again.

BTW I assume the anon. comment from yesterday is Big Nanny! Yes, Derek and I did eat at J. Alexanders and it was oh so yummy. I didn't want to even consider a night of hot dogs, pb and j, cereal or mac and cheese. You need a real meal every now and then!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Well...it sounds like a lesson or 3were learned by all!!!
I think the kids certaintly have gained a better appreciation for mom and dad from this venture.

I give this program 2 thumbs up!