Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hands Off!

Does anyone have any creative ideas?

Two of the three kids cannot keep their hands to themselves. Whether that's just having to touch your neighbor or hit your neighbor, they can't resist. We are constantly saying "keep your hands to yourself".

Elizabeth had a sweet little boy in a headlock a couple of weeks ago at church because she can't keep her hands to herself. Whether she was showing love or power, I don't know.

Matthew was in the school office today because he can't keep his hands to himself. He and his buddy are playing agent spies and I guess you have to hit one another to show that you're killing the bad guys.

And the worst place for two kids with physical touch issues...the school ride home with a van full of 5 kids.

Just in case you were wondering, Elizabeth won't be dating until she's 21! Ha!

What's a mom to do?

2 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Hi Alicia - No great ideas coming from me on this one - but I will pray for them!! Hugs from Michigan!

Shawn said...

You know, it might not have been the most logical solution, but my mom always made us hug and KISS if we were ugly to each other. I'm not sure that affection needs to be punishment, but it was VERY effective!!

~H