Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Disney Surprise

Here's the video of our Disney Surprise. We picked the boys up at school (Elizabeth was already home because she had a pre-op appointment) and let them open the box from Santa with clues.


I know the poem is cheesy. It's not my gift! :-) Next time I'll have to enlist some of my literary and lyric writing friends.



9 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Ok, so anything related to Disney World makes me cry. I dont know why. Just imagining being there and the kids, it just does me in. So, I am sitting here crying watching your video because I am such a geek like that! HOW FUN! I hope some day I can do that awesome surprise to my kiddos!

Shawn said...

I'm glad that Nicole commented first because I'm sitting here bawling like a big old baby. When Elizabeth screams out DISNEY WORLD!!! I lost it. I just lost it. That is precious and I think that is awesome that you have that precious memory to keep forever.

You guys are great. What a special memory.
~H

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this!!! Elizabeth's face is PRECIOUS and she should totally be doing commercials for Disney based on this one little video!!!

Very good!!

Tonya Lee said...

I want to be your child! Did you seriously hit the road then??? They will never forget that and I am so incredibly jealous! What great parents ya'll are?

Betty said...

Now...Santa will never be able to top this gift ever! I love watching how each child reacted. They all had me on the edge of my seat!!! I couldn't wait to see who would figure it out!!!

You guys rock and then you really left right then and there? How cool are you guys!!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

OK, if you ever wanted your children to be in a TV commercial, you MUST send this to the Disney folks. I really think they would use it! Seriously. That is priceless. It could not have been better had it been staged. I mean, Elizabeth is hilarious and Matthew is just so COOL about the whole thing and then Stephen is very obviously in shock. And that you and Derek pulled this off and had everything in the car ready to go is just too much. You outdid yourselves!!! As for the poem, I thought it was quite sneaky. :)

OK, I just read Dori's comment AFTER I just wrote the above. I was going down there to type in my word verification deal and saw the word commercial and read it. I promise you I did not read it first. OK, now you have GOT to send this to the Disney folks!

Wife of the Pres. said...

OK, I had to watch it again. Did you notice Elizabeth's eye movements when Stephen read "the happiest place on earth" and then she looked at you and Derek! Again, this is so amazing and PRICELESS to have it on film. I didn't cry like the others but I am in a mood! Still, this just helped me SMILE today! Thanks for sharing!

Big Nanny said...

This is so funny. I love Matthew's comment: I got a coloring book!...it doesn't take much:)

Melissa said...

I too am impressed that you could pull this off and not let them in. I am such a non-secret-keeper there is no way I could have done this! But I might try it sometime, if I don't have to wait too long!

O:)
Melissa