I want to briefly share with you my Matthew's testimony. This spring he told us that he prayed and asked Jesus into his heart and that he wanted to be baptized. We talked about it briefly, but then left it alone to see if he would bring it up again because we wanted to make sure that his decision was solid. He continued to talk about it and in May we visited my in-laws church in Pensacola. They sang one of Travis’ songs. “You changed my name when you called me forgiven, You changed my name when you called me redeemed”. You just never know if your kids are listening and paying attention or if they’re daydreaming through the whole service. Well, Matthew was obviously listening because this is what he wrote. (see attachment, but I’m providing an adult version because this is the kindergarten version)

God you changed my name. I am going to get baptism to show people I like you and I praise you and I accepted you too.
I love that God spoke to him through this song. The power of worship is incredible even in the lives of our young children.
Both of my boys will be baptized on Sunday, October 5th during the 9:15 service. Matthew told us on Saturday that he wants to be baptized in both services. I told him that I didn’t think that was necessary. He then went on to say that he wants everyone to know that he accepted Jesus and “there are people who go to the second service”.
He gets it! We need to tell everyone about Jesus! Yea God!



5 comments:
Oh, Alicia. This is so precious!! I hope you share this with Travis -- the picture of the writing and everything. He will love it!!!
Have a great day!
Dori
Dear Matthew,
God created you to be an amazing boy. Thank you for listening to God and obeying Him.
He HAS changed your name and I am so thankful.
Love,
Ms. Heather
OK, Alicia...NOW you're breaking my heart!!!! ANY other Sunday I would be standing right under Matthew in the choir, but since the 5th is the first Sunday in the new preschool building and since I hold the title of "Director" for Basic Training and Boot Camp, the team has threatened to do me bodily damage if I'm not in there for the ENTIRE service. K - help me think - HOW can I sneak out of there long enough to see Matthew baptized? Suggestions anyone?????? BOO HOO!!!!!!
Ooh, I'll be skipping part of 5th grade Sunday School for this. :)
Yea Stephen and Matthew... I'm so proud of you both!
Your kids are so bright, I'd never doubt for a second whether they got it or not anyway...
Love you all and am excited to be able to witness God working in the lives of your kids!
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment