If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart. Oswald Chambers
I really don't want to have a broken heart, but I do. First my heart breaks for all the orphans in Zambia. Then it breaks because so many of the Christian leaders in Nicaragua are facing extremely difficult trials right now. Then it breaks because friends marriages are falling apart. Then it breaks because some friends have lost a father very tragically. Then it breaks because my friends C and L can't bring their baby girl home from China...at least not yet. Then it breaks because another friend is desperately wanting to get her child from another country and nothing is happening, she's heard nothing and her heart breaks. Then it breaks because friends have family members with Alzheimer's and I can tell you first hand, it's a horrible disease. And the list could go on and on...
My heart is broken because life just isn't fair. But God is good. Even when we can't see it, God is good!
I've read Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren (incredible book). Derek and I have put our yes on the table, even though we don't know what that means. Right now it means God has surrounded me with people who are hurting, people who have broken hearts. Sometimes I just think I can't handle it all, but it was never mine to handle. God just wants me to bear part of their burden with them. To shoulder part of it and lift their load just a little. He can handle it all, but He chooses to involve me every now and then.
From Kay Warren: God is longing to seriously disturb you about His world. He's searching for men and women, young people and old people, people of every race and from every tribe, who will recklessly abandon themselves to Him and surrender to His purposes...regardless of whether you can see where that yes will take you. My challenge to you is to say, "I don't know exactly what the question is, God, but my answer is yes!"
Will you decide to say yes to God, even before knowing the full implications of what that yes may mean for you?
The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. The righteous cry and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the broken hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:15, 17-18
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thank you for your prayers. They were so effective. We really leave that week of unspeakable evil, with the lasting taste of God's goodness. He really is good all.the.time.
~H
once again, your words echoed the cry of my broken heart-
I am so thankful that HE is near to the brokenhearted!
Sometimes all I know for sure is that 'life is hard, but GOD is good'!
love you!
kath
Post a Comment