Here's my list of things that I'm hoping to accomplish today.
Design and print Key Leader Postcards
Design and print Crew Assignment Postcards
Design a Zambia prayer letter
Collect cell phone numbers of Zambia team members
Design and print 3rd Grade Sunday School Newsletter
Create and confirm Friday women's ministry meeting agenda with Leighann
Pay Phone Bill (online)
Call Eagle's Nest about school in the fall
Call doctor to get my malaria medication
Order food for Friday's meeting
Meeting with Leighann
Meeting with VBS directors
Swim program for my kids (from 2-3 today)
And then on top of that, look at the clothes that need to be ironed. These are just Stephen's, Matthew's and Elizabeth's. Derek's clothes and my clothes go onto hangers unironed until the day before or the morning of being worn.
I'm OVERWHELMED! I'm really not that important and everything in life would function just as well even if I wasn't here. I completely understand that. The problem is that I overcommit and I know it. "My name is Alicia and I have a problem...." Next week's Bible study will be timely because it is on reorganizing your priorities. I need a good dose of that even though it might not taste well. (ha, ha) Just an fyi...I am giving up my role as VBS director. VBS 2009 will find me in a craft room working with glue dots or in a snack room handing children a granola bar, a banana or a fruit roll up. Look for it....it's going to happen!
I tell Derek that I always try to fit more into my day than can be accomplished. His advice...."We overestimate what we can get done in a day, but we underestimate what can be done in a year." He's ever the optimist!!! (I love him!) So, I press forward and hope to cross at least half of these things off of my list TODAY. And if I could get half of this ironing done, well that would just bless me!!!
My verses for today:
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. He gives strength to the weary and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:28-31



5 comments:
Whew, I'm tired just reading about it all. The next two weeks on my calendar are unrecognizable from all the ink, but no where in all that ink are the words...AFRICA. I'll be praying for the Lord to order your days and help you to work efficiently (and maybe to send you some help!!)
For different reasons, I needed that verse today more than you can imagine! Thank you so much for posting it! I am beyond weary today and I needed to hear God's word to keep perspective. Good luck with all your work!
Okay, that's an extremely chaotic and messy Monday. You need to wet a towel and put all those clothes in the dryer. They will tumble for a little while and the wrinkles will be out. I don't believe in ironing unless it is absolutely necessary. Life is too short to iron!
I'm going to go and pray that you will give up ironing.
Amen Sister Big Nanny. That is divine advice...for sure.
Some things are just hard to give up! I cannot stand wrinkled clothes on myself, my hubby, or my kids.
A.
Post a Comment