Well, I did get all my ironing done. 150 children's clothing items. Let me just say that my children have entirely too many clothes, because they weren't even desperate for the 150 items that were missing from their closets and drawers.
The answer to the question is...Yes, I do iron blue jeans and tshirts. I don't iron pajamas, underwear, socks or sheets. I've tried to go the ironless route on the tshirts, but I just don't like the wrinkled look. Even if you pull them straight from the dryer, they still look wrinkled. I love the crispness of ironed clothes. I know...I have a problem.
Anyway, I got everything else on my list done. It only took an entire week, but it's done! Yeah!
One more day of VBS. We've had about 260 babies-5 yr. olds and an additional 140 workers this week. Everyone has done an awesome job!
I'm off to Atlanta tomorrow with some girlfriends for the Deeper Still conference with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. Then home for a couple of days before I head back to Atlanta to catch a flight to London, then to Johannesburg, then to Lusaka, Zambia.
A big thanks to "regular nanny and papa" for taking my kids a couple of days so that I could accomplish tasks on my list. A big thank you to "florida nanny and papa" for coming to Tennessee for two weeks so that I can travel to Africa. My kids will be spoiled rotten by the time I get home, but that's what grandparents do best!
And of course, a big thank you to Derek who is the best husband in the world for me. He tolerates all my overcommitments and then partners with me in most of it. He wrote an awesome VBS computer program for us this year, helped with early childcare so the VBS directors could get things done in the morning, worked out computer glitches (some created by us) and even took a group of 3 yr. olds from room to room on Monday because we were short helpers.
I am blessed! Thank you to God Almighty who showers me with His blessings in the form of friends, family and co-laborers!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment