Thursday, April 4, 2013

Introducing....

In September 2010, I attended a conference.  During that conference I felt that God impressed two things on my heart.

1. Our family was supposed to adopt again.
2. Our church needed to have an adoption support group and/or an orphan awareness group.

Neither of these things come without cost -- both financial and emotional.  It's hard to adopt.  It's a beautiful thing, but adoption comes with heartache and grief and loss.

It's hard to be involved in orphan care.  Every time I walk into an orphanage I am reminded that institutionalized living is not God's best.  God intends for us to be in families.  Hard stuff, because there are no easy solutions.

Little did I know in September 2010 as I stood there and listened to the heart of God, that a little girl had been born in Ethiopia.  And soon that little girl would be our daughter.

This is what happens when you put your yes on the table and you surrender.  His ways are not our ways, but His plan is perfect.

Introducing Abigail Carey -- born September 9, 2010.  Coming to her forever home in summer 2013.






3 comments:

JC said...

Oh, she's so beautiful! I will remain in prayer for you all! Hugs from JC!

Sonja said...

SEE!!! God pulled the ol' bait and switch on you too! :) So happy for you and for Abigale who is coming home to a God-fearing forever family. Congrats!

robin said...

So delighted in your families joy! God be praised. His plans will not be thwarted!