I am the mom of a teenager. 40 doesn't seem that old to me until I realize that I have a teenager in the house. In just a few years, he'll be asking to borrow my car. Okay, realistically, he'll be asking to borrow Derek's car because I drive a minivan.
Stephen and I are opposites. We are like two pieces of sandpaper being rubbed together sometimes. I believe this was the Lord's plan all along because in the process, Stephen and I are both getting our rough edges refined by each other. God is smoothing out the grit in our lives!
He is talented musically. He is creative and can draw things very well. His memory is excellent and he gets good grades in school without even trying very hard. I do believe that he really can do anything that he wants with his life because he has the academic ability. He loves serving in the preschool department at church and he's social like his Tennessee Papa. He loves to point out everyone that we know in every store and/or restaurant that we enter. Sometimes I think he's just looking for someone that we know....maybe that's the southern way?
Anyway, he truly is a blessing to our family. He was born just a week before Christmas and there isn't anything better than a sweet little baby at Christmas.
I'm proud of the young man that he's becoming!




No comments:
Post a Comment