Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Worth the Investment

Derek and I are celebrating 18 years of marriage this month. We have never gone to a marriage conference until last month. I'm not sure why we never did. I guess life wasn't too hard when it was just the two of us. I heard the other day that if you think you have it all together, have children and they will ruin that. For sure. I think having a 2 yr. old, a 1 yr. old and a newborn just about did us in. We could barely handle the three little ones, so I think we felt bad even asking anyone else to keep them for us.

Anyway, we decided to check out Family Life's Weekend to Remember. They have one in Franklin in May, but we had a conflict that weekend, so we decided to drive to Destin for the weekend a few weeks back. It was amazing for several reasons.

1. It was a lot of fun to spend time just talking without being interrupted. :)
2. I love the beach and the Lord always refreshes my spirit when I spend time at the beach. There is something about the sunshine, the sand, the ocean and eating our meals outside that renews my spirit.
3. It was good to hear the speakers talk about family relationships, conflict, etc. It forced us to talk about things besides our schedules, the bills and our children. It was fun to just talk, laugh and dream together. It truly felt like an extended date night for us.

I'd encourage you to check it out. It's worth the investment of money and time because you want your marriage to last. Your children will be thankful (someday) that they were in a home where the parents deeply loved one another. It takes work to stay in love...it won't just happen.

Check it out. If you enter TSCMarriage, you can attend as a couple for $159 compared to the regular price of $318. (Hotel and food is separate). The code should work for any of the events around the country over the next year.

Weekend To Remember

No comments: