Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stares and Smells



A few weeks ago I asked Matthew if he was ready to go to school, his reply, "Yes! And I look awesome." So of course when he came home, I asked him if everyone thought he looked awesome and he said, "Yes, they were staring at me all day."

That boy is not lacking in confidence! He then goes on to tell me that there are two other girls in his class that like him. Just so you know, one already wrote him a note and asked when he was going to kiss her. (They are in 4th grade!!!!!! I wanted to call up that little girl and her mother and tell her that Matthew isn't allowed to kiss until he's at least 21, so why was she asking?) Matthew goes on to tell us that every time he looks at these girls in class, they are looking at him and they just smile. It kind of makes me laugh and then makes me nauseous all at the same time.

This conversation then transitions to Stephen telling me that when he wears deodorant (glad he at least occasionally wears it), that a certain girl leans over in class and smells him and tells him he smells good. Matthew then informs me that there are 9 girls that like Stephen.

Lovely....just lovely...where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday girls were gross and disgusting. Now girls are staring at and smelling my boys.

Help!! The preschool years don't seem like they were that difficult after all.

1 comment:

happymcfamily said...

I witnessed a 2nd grader telling my 1st grader she's hot. I am not a fan.