Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet Kisses and Football

A personal struggle of mine is work/family balance. I love my work. I love my family. How do you balance the two?

So, last week I decided to stay home from the boys' football game because I had a conference call. Do you know what I missed? I missed Stephen scoring two touchdowns. I was so disappointed. I thought, "This may never happen again and I missed it!" Bummer!

I emailed my team and asked if we could move this week's meeting by 30 minutes. I would still miss about 15 minutes of their game, but I was determined to at least go this week. Our conference calls have been at 8 every week and I pushed this week's to 8:30. So there I sat at 8 pm tonight watching Stephen's game and he made a touchdown at 8 pm on the dot. Sweet kiss from God! I am thrilled that I got to see it with my own eyes and thankful for a mission team that's flexible.

It's times like these that the Lord reminds me that He does care even about the little things. I saw the sun today setting in the sky and I was reminded just how big God is. Then God let me see a touchdown at 8 pm right before I walked out the door and it reminded me how small I am compared to our great big God, but He loves me. Oh, how He loves me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Jesus kisses!