Our August team thought we had lost a team member. John wasn't able to travel with us because of some serious illness. We prayed for His healing and that he'd be able to go with us, but it wasn't God's time. We didn't lose a team member, we gained a prayer warrior who interceded on our behalf while we were gone. But the picture didn't completely come full circle until the last few weeks.
John (our August team member) and Derek decided to take a small team (and when I say small, I mean just the two of them) to Africa. The purpose of the trip, to pour into some local church leaders and teach them the Bible. Encourage, exhort, teach...the older men are to do this for the younger men. You just never know how you're going to be received or if the need exists, but these men came eager and hungry. They came early and stayed late and asked some tough questions. Our God is so sweet that He chose to unite these hearts together.
And this picture says it all.
John wasn't supposed to be on our August team. God just used that trip to introduce Derek and John to each other. And then God took two men who love Him and love people and He sent them across the ocean to do His work. I do believe that they'll be back with a similar itinerary at some point in the future.
And this picture...I just love this casual picture. There is obviously something going on and they're distracted...how I'd love to know what was going on around them while this was being taken.
We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9



1 comment:
Thanks Alicia I needed to hear that! Great post.
Post a Comment