And then a winter storm came and the kids got out of school early and our flight was almost canceled, but we made it out just in time. They de-iced the plane and Elizabeth wondered about this. Matthew proceeded to tell her all the things that could go wrong that might make the plane crash. Elizabeth was very concerned about the "captain of this ship" and would he know how to drive "the ship". She didn't like the take off...tears would come...and I would have to show some mercy and compassion. I really needed some medication for me and for Elizabeth to calm us both. I don't have any fear of flying and so I have no idea how to comfort someone who does. I very well might have done a lousy job!
We didn't get to Orlando until about 11:00 or so because of delays and it was 1 am by the time we made it to the hotel. Everyone was tired and cranky and just wanted to be in the bed. So, let me tell you at 1 am in the morning, the services at Disney resorts are limited. We were all thirsty, but the stores are all closed as well as the food court. I think there were a total of 2 employees working the massive resort at 1 am in the morning.
They showed us how to get to our room on the map, but obviously Derek and I don't follow directions well at 1 am with 5 pieces of luggage and three very tired and cranky kids. We took the scenic route around the resort in probably 32 degree weather pulling the luggage behind us. When we finally made it to our room, we all just fell into the bed. No teeth brushing or anything...shocker, I know! We had to get up early because Magic Kingdom was waiting....
I am telling you that this trip would've made for some good reality tv. And this is only the beginning....



1 comment:
Poor Elizabeth! I would have had plenty of compassion, comfort and drugs to offer :)
Post a Comment