Matthew is doing pretty well overall. His reading and math have improved. He is an eager learner, so he's definitely the easiest regarding homework. He still firmly holds the belief though that mom and dad don't know anything, because Mrs. W. has been doing math for over 50 years and she's older than you... and so on.
Elizabeth is doing exceptionally well in math. That's her strength, a huge surprise to all of us. She cannot learn phonics or spelling to save her life. It's pathetic. They've recommended speech therapy at this point. We hope once her tonsils are removed and she gets some teeth, the speech will improve. She cannot say "the" no matter how hard she tries. We are looking into some speech therapy.
Anyway, the real point of this post is to share Matthew's prayer journal. Maybe I'm invading some childhood privacy, but he left it on the table. I just love this!
Elizabeth will marry Callan.
My stomach will feel better.
Mary Chandler will marry me.
Stephen will marry Leah.
Mary Chandler will love me forever.
I will be perfect.
Sounds like good prayer requests to me!




6 comments:
It's the sweet stuff like that that makes this whole crazy parenting job worth it, isn't it? Some days I want to wring their stinkin' necks, then others I just want to hug them so tight they can't breathe. (I don't suppose the Leah Stephen wants to marry is my Leah, is it? Probably not, but just thought I'd ask!)
I miss you girlfriend!
O:)
Melissa
Alicia,
This is so sweet. Unfortunately we are in between the sweet stages right now. One's too old to be sweet and the others are too young, haha.
Very sweet. Wow, two hours of homework. That is a lot. Hope it gets easier or better or whatever! Matthew likes to write a lot, doesn't he? YOU may have a writer on your hands or maybe an editor!?! Hugs, L
Giggle, Giggle, Giggle!
There is never ever a time that I lay my eyes on Matthew that he doesn't make me chuckle or at least smile REALLY big. Oh that kid cracks me up.
Your kids are precious! :)
Cute kids. They r just adorable ...
Post a Comment