If you're looking for a post about the kids, today's not the day. Here's the dilemma: should I go to prison or not?
It's really not prison. Our church is starting a weight loss group called Prism Weight Loss. What is it? It's a count your calories, give up all the "good Southern food" diet with a spiritual emphasis. :-) No sweet tea, no corn bread, no desserts, no yeast rolls. No Angel's cafe. (a meat and three that is yummy) Therefore, we've nicknamed it "prison". Terrible I know. Our pastor's wife, said "come on, go to prison with me". Do I want to, I'm still debating. The possibility of a size 4 again would be a great reward, but at what cost. Another friend of mine said "This is not real life". But sometimes it takes a little prison to get you on the right track. Maybe this would jump start my metabolism or maybe life will never be a size 4 again.
Along the same line, I tried on my wedding dress the other day. Our church is doing something where they need several women to wear their wedding dresses. Let me just say, it didn't even come close to getting zipped. Derek tried to get it zipped and very compassionately said "it's not going to work". I guess he felt bad. He can relate. He said there's no way he would fit in his tux from 14 yrs. ago either.
I emailed a friend and told her "It doesn't fit. How depressing. I need a piece of chocolate cake to cry in". That right there my friends is the problem. The chocolate cake and the cornbread and the sweet tea and the strawberry cake (yum!).
So, I'm off to an informational meeting tonight. After that, I'll make a decision about whether or not to go to prison! :-)
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I like to think that I'm the friend that said that's not real life. And how many times do you really need to fit in your wedding dress? You go to your meeting tonight and I will talk you out of it when you get home:)
You are the friend big nanny, but I didn't want to give you the credit without asking permission. :-)
Love ya,
Alicia
I agree with big nanny. That prism diet is not realistic...at all. After depriving yourself of all that southern goodness, all that weight that you will lose (because you're basically starving yourself) will all come back once you reintroduce yourself to all that is tasty. The best diet is the one called moderation.
My guess would have been that you already are a size 4, and if you go down to a size 2 then I might not be able to friends with you anymore.
I say eat less sweets, drink more water and only have the fried stuff occasionally. That's probably what your mama would tell you.
My philosophy: Don't set yourself up for failure. Eat what you want but don't be a pig and then hit the gym, hit the gym, hit the gym.
Post a Comment