Friday, March 28, 2008

God so loved the World

My boys like it when they're ready for school by 8 a.m. because they can then dribble the basketballs on our driveway until our carpool bus (not really) arrives. (We carpool with 2 other families, and it's a total of 5 children---2 kindergartners and 3 2nd graders travelling to school together.)

So, Tuesday morning I look out to see the boys writing something on the back windshield of my dirty van. I tell them to leave the van alone because they're going to get their hands all dirty. They go back to dribbling the basketballs. I go back into the house frustrated that they have to touch everything. I mean seriously, why can't they just dribble the basketballs for 10-15 minutes?

At 8:55 I head out to take Elizabeth to school and decide to check the back windshield because who knows what they might have written. I expected to see something like "my mom is mean", but instead it said "God so loved the world" and there was a picture of the earth next to it. (my van is very dirty!) I was no longer frustrated, but thankful for what they had written. I am thankful that God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son for us! (John 3:16)

There is a story behind why I think "my mom is mean" may be on the back of our van. That will have to be a post all its own!

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

Okay, this blog design is way too cute. I like how you don't start off with just an ordinary, everyday template. You just go all out and get a big fancy blog design. It looks like one of your scrapbook pages:) Tell Elisabeth that I loved the blue dress:)